Ads 468x60px

Monday

The Banner Saga Coming to Android Tablets


Today is a good day, friends. I say that not because I just won a contest for free kiwis, but because one of the games I always wished would come to mobile devices is actually coming to mobile devices! I absolutely love creative turn-based games on mobile and think that the genre is the best suited to be played on the smaller screen and on the go. So without further ado, let me tell you which game I will be playing diligently when it pops on the Google Play Store: The Banner Saga!!!
If you haven't heard of it, I don't blame you because you might not be familiar with PC games. It was released early this year on Steam and has gone on to garner some really positive reviews and a metacritic score of 80. Not bad for an indie developer. The game will allow you to live out your viking fantasy in a turn-based action RPG that also includes choice-based decision making and dialogue, similar to Mass Effect. What else is there to say?
It has quite a unique sense of style to the graphics, one not seen in many games, but it does look really good. The game will also feature over 25 playable characters. You will be able to choose to play as humans or the aforementioned vikings, called Varl.
ss_8cb2ac8d54d819ef8d2d50e5aaa45e85d50ca80f.600x338
If you are interested, and in crazy anticipation as I am, keep an eye on this website for further details regarding The Banner Saga. I'll be sure to bring you all the latest updates and release dates whenever they surface. Developer, Stoic, has only mentioned "summer" as a vague release timeframe for iOS, Android and Windows tablets. Till then, enjoy the heat!